Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dangerous, Caleb Bislow with Ted Kluck

This review is part of a book review program with Bethany House. The Bethany House book review program is simple; I request a book from the links they send me via email, then after I've read it I write a review on this blog post and a retailer's site (such as Amazon, B&N, etc.) If this sounds like something that interests you, you can get more information and/or sign up here: www.bakerpublishinggroup.com/bookreviewers.

Detailing some of Caleb Bislow's adventures, trials, and experiences as an "extreme missionary," Dangerous is about going where God's love needs to be shared - no matter the level of danger. From training kids in Nebraska, to warring African tribes and red-light districts in Asia, Caleb's account is unforgettable, inspiring, terrifying, and a helpful guide to living a life in places deemed "unsafe."

I picked this book because I've always wanted to go to places everyone deems "too dangerous" to help people that have been victims of sexual slavery. Bislow's experiences and account of his travels to help other people are not only terrifying in the best of ways, but also inspiring and life-changing. I found myself completely swept up in this book and can't recommend it enough.

On a 1-10 (low/high) scale, I'd rate this a must-read 9. I loved everything about Bislow's utter honesty, courage, and willingness to share everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment