Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Angels Are for Real: Inspiring, True Stories and Biblical Answers, Judith MacNutt

Time for another book review from the Bethany House program I mentioned in my last post.

For those of you that are new to my blog, welcome! The Bethany House book review program is simple: I request a book from the links they send via email, then I read the book they send and write a review on this blog and a retailer’s site (such as Amazon). If this sounds like something that interests you, you can get more information and/or sign up here: www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers

I think I need to stop having expectations of how a book should be when I order them. For example, I expected this book to be more textbook-like and (no other way to put this) dry. I was, however, very pleasantly surprised when I opened the cover and started reading – the dialogue was engaging and the stories were very intriguing.

But, even though the spiritual realm fascinates me, I couldn’t help being slightly freaked out by some of the stories MacNutt tells. While having a guardian angel seems appealing and yes, I can imagine very useful at times, I couldn’t help but wonder what my reaction would be if one actually appeared to me. I think I would be awed and terrified all at once, to be honest – they are heavenly beings after all.

MacNutt’s approach is understandably religious, so if you’re looking for testimonies of real people, or just a good read, I would definitely recommend this book. Overall, this is another can’t-put-it-down-but-I-really-need-to-get-some-sleep-tonight read for those interested with anything having to do with angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment