Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Spirit Wars, Kris Vallotton

Recently I tried something new, thinking that it would be something fun and as a benefit, I would get free books. I signed up for Bethany House's book review group. All I have to do is request a book from the links they send me, read the book (obviously), then write a review on this blog and a retailer's site (such as Amazon). If this sounds like an interesting idea to you, you can get more information/sign up here: www.bethanyhouse.com/bookreviewers

So, here goes my first attempt. My first selection was Spirit Wars by Kris Vallotton.

Though I have to confess that I haven't finished the entire book yet, I couldn't put it down once I started it. The only reason I didn't finish it all in one sitting was the huge paper I had due the next day which forced me to put down the book and get down to business.

I have to admit (another confession... I promise it will be the last one) that the book surprised me entirely. I picked it up expecting some grand explanation on the theology of spiritual warfare -- mainly concerning demons and otherwordly experiences.

What I encountered was a fascinating (and sometimes shocking and thrillingly chilling) narrative on experiences and encounters with beings that live in another realm - the spiritual realm.

And while this has a religious aspect shading its explanation and approach to this realm, I would highly encourage everyone interested in this topic or type of genre to read this book. Even if you don't agree with some - or even any - of the theology, explanations, descriptions, or beliefs represented in the book, it provides a fascinating glimpse into one facet of how to view the topic of spiritual warfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment